API or system integration is a term that is becoming more present in our lives, even if sometimes we don’t know about it.
To bring a solution to that matter, we develop a API, that integrates the flight schedule system of the company, with other companies itineraries, delivering the data in a clear way, allowing the match between data to reduce as much as possible the time that the plane stays on the ground, because it is possible to know in which airport the aircraft stopped, where the spare part is, the next itinerary to that destiny, so the part can be ship as soon as possible,reducing the waiting.
Benefits of a system integration (API)
As we were able to verify in the case above, the integration can by very useful in process optimization at a company, making informations available in a clear way for business decisions, however not only big corporations can enjoy the benefits of it, it can bring benefits to all sort of companies like:
* Processes Optimization: With a greater automation of tasks, the staff can stop performing basic tasks and focus on strategic decisions.
* Reduction of costs: With a more efficient process, decisions are made based on data, decreasing failures and repetition of tasks;
*Decrease in communication failures: Your team have an easy access to the information (depending on their access level), avoiding failures on the internal communication;
How to integrate systems and avoid flaws.
The most used method used by the market are the API’s, mainly because of the speed of data exchange, working as a “bridge” between the systems, besides that, API’s have a high level of security regardless data, because the company has control on which information is shared, based on access levels.
Other methods uses are:
* Integration of databases: Integration made by two or more databases that are used by the company
* Integration by data (platform) : In that metod, a platform will work like a “translator” between the systems, connecting both on the same “language”, usually that switch is made by a FTP server
- Integração por meio de dados (Plataforma): Nesse caso, uma plataforma vai atuar como um “tradutor” entre os sistemas, trazendo a informação de um sistema, “traduzindo” e enviando a informação para o segundo sistema,normalmente essa troca de informações é feita por meio de um servidor (FTP).
After the reading, how about to start applying the tech revolution at your company? Click here to talk to our experts